Friday, February 26, 2010

PMS gum?

I'm a lady panda. And as such, that certain time of the month never fails to roll around eventually. Today I began searching the web for PMS remedies. I found a boring site where women gave each other lame advice like "take Advil" or "my Grams says to eat watermelon". Watermelon? Really? More water when you're already bloated? They seemed to be discussing pain mostly. But I was searching for something for my raging attitude problem.

I'm fairly vocal all the time, but at a certain phase of the moon, the cap pops off the pressure cooker and my tongue finds new ways to express my displeasure about just about everything. So I searched far and wide for a remedy for my smart mouth. What did I find?

 
Peppermint PMS gum


My fiance can tell when I'm about to flip out and casually reminds me, "It's just PMS, dear." But I haughtily reply, "No, it's not! It's YOU!" And at those moments it really does seem like he has conspired to do every single tiny thing that drives me batty. 

Instead of  accosting my dear Papa Bear I've discovered that fish oil supplements are purported to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is the stuff in your brain that makes you feel relaxed and happy. With regular use mood swings should be stabilized. In addition to giving you a natural mood boost, fish oil improves the health of your blood cholesterol and your bones, and provides cancer protection. You can read all the details here.

Next month I'll be using this:

I'll let you know how it goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment